|CURRENT 6th Grade Students Must Have Proof Of Whooping Cough Immunization. Please submit proof of shot to school office by March 27, 2017|
Beginning of the year supplies for science.
Supplies for science needed for Monday, August 18:
- 70 to 100 pg., college ruled, spiral notebook.
- tape, stapler, or glue to take to class each day.
- at least 2 pens (black or blue).
- at least 2 pencils
- colored pencils for home.
With the use of notebooks in my class, online grades would not help as much as looking through the studentís notebook. The notebooks are carried home and are the most valuable tool to help students in this class.
Here are the steps you should do:
1. Click on the date you were absent under "Classwork/Homework" to the right.
a. Print or copy the opener
b. Answer it and place it on the correct page of your notebook.
2. Look under the opener for the classwork and homework listed, you are responsible for it all!
a. Can you do this from the textbook? If so, do it.
b. Is the paper I need listed below this section under "papers, worksheets and Powerpoints", If so print it and do it.
c. If the paper is unavailable, make sure you see Ms. Ruiz about it when you return.
3. If you don't understand something or you missed something MAKE SURE TO VISIT MS. RUIZ OUT OF CLASS TIME!
Parents - How to help your student
There are several ways you can help keep track of your student.
1. Look in their agenda daily. There should be homework listed for each period each day. It is very rare for the student to have no homework and there should never be blanks. Blanks are unacceptable. Have students show you the work and check for completeness. Spot check their work for accuracy. The work will be graded and incorrect answers will not get credit. If your student is not writing down their assignments, you can check the websites for the actual assignments for most classes.
2. Look through their science notebook at least once a week. There should be no blanks. You can check the work with the table of contents. Check for completeness and if there is anything incomplete, have them finish it.
3. Have the student see me for help. They can check with me regarding before or after school and I am always in class on Tuesdays and Thursdays during both lunches.
4. If a student is absent. They MUST make-up the work missed. Many times this means meeting with the teachers at designated times. Much, however, not all missed work in my class can be found on the website or from me. Much of the missed work is self-serve from the daily classwork pockets at the front of the room.
Tips to help correctly answer questions.
This is the classwork of 4/12. Complete it and place on page 86.
These are the notes from 4/14 and finished on 4/18. Complete on page 93.
These are the notes from 4/20. Complete on page 98.
These are the notes that were started on 4/26 and finished on 4/28. Complete and place on page 105.
This is the homework of 4/17. Complete and place on page 94.
These are the directions for the Bones & Muscles Booklet. If absent, you can make a booklet with two pieces of paper folded in half and stapled together, or you can pick up a booklet from the absence work pocket when you return.
These Notes belong on page 82.
These are the directions on how to color code.
Graph paper -- Just print it!
This is the website and directions for the Harvard "Inner Life of a Cell".
This will help you to thoroughly answer a question in order to get the most information from it.
This is the homework of 4/26. Place on page 106.
These are the directions to get the textbook online. Print and follow.
This is the parent letter that explains how this class works. It was given as homework on 8/11.
Use these steps before you read and you will remember and understand up to 200% more!